Trethsparr

The Stand
Stephen King
Soul Survivor: How My Faith Survived the Church
Philip Yancey
Matched - Ally Condie EDIT: After a bit of time, some fridge logic set in. Reducing the rating from 3.5 stars to 2.5.

Enjoyed it more than I originally thought I would! Based on a few reviews I've seen (and sadly a few recommendations by other authors - namely, Carrie Ryan of "The Forest of Hands and Teeth," whose book I more or less despised) and comparisons to other books (anything comparing a book favorably to the "Twilight" series is an automatic kiss of death for me), I had extremely low expectations going into this read. I wish I had the option to give half-stars with GoodReads as I'd give it 3 1/2 stars instead.

One thing I appreciated about this book - the rather low-key approach to teen romance. It was nice to read a relatively level-headed FMC POV; too many teen female narrators amp up the melodrama to eleven when it comes to the obstacles in their relationships.

Overall, I thought "Matched" was, technically speaking, rather well-written - but it's certainly a bit derivative of a few other YA dystopian works I've read, but unique enough (at points) to stand on its own. I did find the ending a bit anti-climatic for my tastes, but I'm hooked enough to continue with "Matched," the next book in the series.